atom feed9 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstack[Openstack] Development/Debugging
FromSent OnAttachments
Salman MalikJun 11, 2012 10:19 am
hitesh wadekarJun 11, 2012 7:57 pm
Vaze, MandarJun 11, 2012 8:58 pm
Salman MalikJun 11, 2012 9:11 pm
Vaze, MandarJun 11, 2012 9:42 pm
hitesh wadekarJun 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Nachi UenoJun 11, 2012 10:28 pm
Yong Sheng GongJun 12, 2012 12:19 am
Salman MalikJun 12, 2012 7:29 am
Subject:[Openstack] Development/Debugging
From:Salman Malik (salm@live.com)
Date:Jun 11, 2012 10:19:04 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

Hi All,

I have been trying to get my head around the OpenStack functionality for a while
now but unfortunately haven't been able to grasp it. I am interested on working
on Quantum (and may be creating new plugins) but I am still unable to debug my
own problems. So I thought it would be best for me to learn from how code works.
Although I have been looking at the code for quite some time but didn't get
anywhere. Now I have installed Pydev on Eclipse and am wondering how to run the
massive OpenStack code in debug mode (so as to learn the call/control flow) ? So
I thought I could get some help from OpenStack gurus like how do you people
develop/debug problems ? What environment are you using ? Any suggestions/tips
are welcome. (Please note that I have read the nova and Quantum administration guides and
also looked at the nova developer's guide)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Salman