atom feed7 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstackRe: [Openstack] [Swift] LFS patch (Ia...
FromSent OnAttachments
Victor RodionovJul 16, 2012 3:45 pm
Pete ZaitcevJul 17, 2012 9:39 am
Victor RodionovJul 17, 2012 10:23 am
Caitlin BestlerJul 18, 2012 11:15 am
John DickinsonJul 18, 2012 2:50 pm
Stefano MaffulliJul 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Subject:Re: [Openstack] [Swift] LFS patch (Ia32c9c34)
From:Pete Zaitcev (zait@redhat.com)
Date:Jul 17, 2012 9:39:49 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:45:48 +0000 Victor Rodionov <Vict@nexenta.com> wrote:

Most of patch code was restructured, most of logic was moved to middleware level
and use hooks in Swift code. I create separate project (LFS middleware
https://github.com/nexenta/lfs) for now there are only 2 supported file system
types (XFS and ZFS) there. Also this middleware provide API for getting file
system status information (for example, for ZFS it's current pool status, etc).

It sounds strange to make Swift aware of the specific LFS. One day I come up with ZaitcevFS and what happens then? Patching Swift again I presume.

I wish Gluster people would stop delaying their competing LFS proposal and finally submit it. Their code was out for a year, but they apparently are content to carry a fork forever: http://review.gluster.com/805 <==== for 1.4.5 http://review.gluster.com/3118 <==== for 1.4.8

-- Pete